Great idea from Pam — I’m just repeating it. But maybe we can bring our troops back and actually spend some of our revenues on our own country for things such as our infrastructure … ya think? Maybe even put a few Americans back to work? This photo made me involuntarily laugh for real …
Meet the NRA’s Wayne Lapierre, Vietnam war draft-dodger, and the leader of the world of mass murder. Some hypocritical facts:
- Wayne Lapierre is the CEO of a 200 million dollar business and just gave a speech on the need for MORE guns.
- WL just named former U.S. Representative and Arkansas native Asa Hutchinson Director of the NRA’s National School Shield Program.
- WL never mentioned anything about the victims of Sandy Hook in his speech. He just spoke of his proposed National School Shield program.
- WL didn’t talk about a Shield program for theaters in Aurora, CO or shopping malls in Portland, Oregon, or parking lots in Tuscon, AZ. By the way, there WAS a “good guy” in that parking lot on Tuscon where Gabby Giffords was speaking, but he couldn’t shoot ’cause he couldn’t get a clear shot, as the movement was so frenetic. So that “good guy” having a gun didn’t help.
- WL is the lobbyist who made these possible by overturning Dianne Feinstein’s 1994 law banning assault weapons
- WL has ensured that NO country has better-equipped mass murderers than the USA.
- WL says there are armed guards at every bank. Apparently he’s never been to my bank. There aren’t any armed guards there.
- WL sent out letters to all NRA members after the Aurora, CO massacre asking for more money — more than their NRA dues, to “preserve their American freedoms”. He never mentioned anything about grief for the children that died in that theater.
- WL’s School Shield Program — putting an armed guard at every school in America — would cost about 7 billion/year. But does he really support this?
On WL’s Board of Directors is Grover Norquist, who would be extremely upset at the tax hikes that would have to be implicated to create the revenue for Lapierre’s “School Shield” program.
Yep! That’s surely the megalomaniac freak I’d take advice from. Good old Wayne Lapierre — an upstanding citizen who will ensure mass murderers remain equipped with the best and most lethal guns in the world! Please contact your local congressional representative and if they support the NRA or GOA, fire ’em the next time they’re up for re-election.
Former US Marine Jon Hammar freed from Mexican jail after 4 months chained to a bed, returned to the US. The media helped his release, in my opinion, by bringing this subject to light and exposing the Mexican government to negative criticism and calling for people to urge their politicians for his release.
Number of supermarkets in America: 36,569
Number of gas stations in America: 143,839
Number of McDonalds in America: 14,098
Number of guns dealers in America: 129,987
Although other figures show there are in excess of 140,000 gun dealers (Source: “Arming America, Origins of a National Gun Culture”), this number is startling enough!
So there are nearly 3 times as many gun dealers are supermarkets and McDonalds — COMBINED! And those are just the legalized gun dealers — this excludes the black market!
Think we have a gun problem? Just sayin’ ….
What’s the difference between America and other countries? Nevermind that we just had a Portland, Oregon mall shooting earlier in the week, then 20 children killed and 8 adults killed by a madman, Adam Lanza, who SHOT through the windows to get into the school. Cite some oddball website that is paid to say a study shows “more guns means less violence … ‘studies’ prove it, so let’s just all arm ourselves and have a showdown”. Please. Look at China. A madman broke into an elementary school. He had knife on him. He wielded it and 22 ppl were injured. Wait … I said INJURED, not KILLED. What’s the difference? You can’t have guns in China. It’s time to let go of the 18th century 2nd amendment and abolish it — or GREATLY restrict those who can access guns to, say, police and school officials only. Of course, Wayne Lapierre and all the NRA die-hards will give me hate mail as usual, but it’s okay. The time has come. Enough is enough. How many mass murders have to happen to make it “cost effective” for our government to actually get something done on this, and forgo the NRA special interest group money? If this madman didn’t have access to a gun, 20 children and 8 adults would be sleeping peacefully tonight.
America is the gun & murder capital of the world; we know this. But look at the abject disparity! We’re just ridiculous and out of control in our efforts to own killings machines for “protection”. Source: Wikipedia – Guns Per Capita.
Wayne Lapierre, CEO of the NRA, has used the hackneyed, banal, b.s. line, “it’s not the guns; it’s the people using the guns” for years. But that line is antiquated. It’s time. Period. Look at this picture — USA leads the world in guns-per-capita, and it’s not even close! Either abolish the 2nd amendment or GREATLY restrict those who can carry guns.
UPDATE: Principal @ Sandy Hook Elementary School, Dawn Hochsprung. Dawn Hochsprung on Twitter. Mother was teacher at school in Sandy Hook, NJ, where massacre occurred. She was found dead in her son’s house, near the school. His brother also found dead in Hoboken. Most of the kids killed were students in her classroom. Adam Lanza, 20, the shooter. Ryan, 24, the brother, not a suspect. Adam’s girlfriend is missing, also. He may have had personality disorders, and may have wrestled with autism. Source: Adam Lanza, shooter; girlfriend is missing, more details emerge.
Lastly, when are we going to abolish the 2nd amendment? Screw the NRA. It’s time. How many of these shootings is it going to take? Just look at this picture — they had to walk by the bloodied bodies of their principal, teachers, and kids lying on the ground. Some children, hiding in closets, had police guns aimed at them when coming out, just in case they were another shooter. Traumatized for life.